The Awakening :: Covering the Kohan series as well as news for TimeGate Studios & Axis & Allies.

The AwakeningGamingWorld in Conflict

#1:  World in Conflict Author: Chimaeros Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:07 pm

I just tried the demo for World in Conflict and have to say, it looks pretty good so far. Only played the tutorial and the single player campaign (one mission) included in the demo but the game has some major potential and I suspect the campaign will be engrossing.

I looked quickly at their forums and found a neat little feature: seems you can add a custom avatar to your units in the game!

screen0014yd6.jpeg
 Description:
Custom Avatar on a unit
 Filesize:  274.55 KB
 Viewed:  6380 Time(s)

screen0014yd6.jpeg

#2:  Re: World in Conflict Author: *XandersBlade*{LT} Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:47 pm

I was a bit confused about how this game works.... is it a Total War type of game?

#3:  Re: World in Conflict Author: Chimaeros Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Can't really say - never played a Total War game. World in Conflict has no base building/resource gathering but rather you air-drop in reinforcements as you gain points from capturing control points on the map. When you control a point defenses automatically are built (bunker, anti-tank, anti-air) - the more units you have there the faster they are built.
The AwakeningGamingWorld in Conflict

Generated using printer-friendly.